Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shameless advertising.

It had been years since I had a marshmallow. Being vegetarian, I don't eat marshmallows since they contain gelatin. I had tried some vegan marshmallows years ago, but they just didn't do the trick.I gave up on trying other alternatives, most probably assuming they would all taste like the not so yummy vegan marshmallows. I don't remember who made them, it was a while back. I would be lying if I didn't admit to missing roasted marshmallows or having hot burning smores. There are several recipes online for making them and I'm sure one day I will test out one of them.....except I was at one of our local health food stores and spotted some Sweet and Sarah marshmallows. I'd heard of these, but had never tried them. I had been reluctant to ordering them online when I first knew of them. I had no idea the aisle I have walked past many times, has these vegan marshmallows waiting for some hands to grab them. I brought them home and it was like being a kid again, eating marshmallows! Our 3 1/2 year old had her first marshmallow, we can say it was a love at first bite. Soooo looking forward to roasted marshmallows and yummy smores in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment